Cityside Locksmith feels it is important that anyone looking to hire a locksmith should be informed about the unfortunate reality that there are scammer companies to avoid. This is a long video, so below please find our summary of the important points:
- Scam type operations are heavily advertised and their listings are known to outnumber legitimate ads 100:1! It can make finding a legitimate company like searching for a needle in a haystack.
- Scam companies have very deep pockets and operate nationwide, overcharging by a lot. It is very difficult for a legitimate locksmith company to compete.
- The scam type companies will do anything to get you to call them. Their websites will often mislead you to believe that the service will be very inexpensive, advertising service calls or $15, and labor as $35 and up.
- Scam dispatchers will be unable to answer locksmith related questions or to give a flat rate price, or even a ballpark price. They will instead attempt to commit you to the service by rushing off the phone and dispatching a scammer technician, often lying and saying a technician will arrive 15 minutes.
- Scam technicians are taught to lie and deceive in order to charge high prices. They are dishonest and will force you into unnecessary services and paying too much.